Sunday, January 23, 2022

A Gumball Machine Shaker Valentine Card

 As soon as I saw this stamp/die set on Page 12 of the new Mini catalogue I knew I wanted to get it and make some wonderful cards. If you like making 3D cards, and shaker cards, this is the set for you.  If you don't, this is the set for you.  I showed my finished card to a neighbour and she can't wait for me to make a card for her great grandson.


Don't those little frosted gum balls look real?

For my card base I used Magenta Madness layered with Sunshine and Rainbow DSP (SAB). Those multicolored stripes gave me lots of options for colours for the Gum ball machine - but in the end I chose Magenta Madness. I did not immediately add these two layers together, so I set them aside for now

To start, I die cut all the pieces I thought I would need.  I wasn't sure what went where, but the pieces for the base were easy to figure out. These I die cut in Magenta madness, with the exception  of the metallic part in the front, which I die cut using a metallic piece of card stock I had left over from a winter project.  I added that to the base with dimensionals, and popped the little trap door below it open.  An extra handle was die cut and I popped it on top of the original.


To determine where I would have to die cut an aperture for the Gumball Machine shaker box, I placed the completed base on the DSP which would be adhered to the card front and penciled lightly where the aperture would be. After I die cut the aperture, I removed the adhesive cover on the top of  the shaker box and  inserted it into the aperture from the back to the front.

Now comes the fun part.  I turned the shaker box upside down and removed the bottom adhesive.   I added frosted gum balls and covered the opening closed with a piece of window sheet. That way the gum balls would not roll all over the place when I turned the box over to finish the rest of the card.


Using tombo, the DSP was adhered to the card front, after which the rest of the Gum ball machine was added.

The sentiment was stamped with Misty Moonlight ink on a Tasty Label die cut, and added to the left of the machine.

Supplies Used:

Stamp:  Gumball Greetings

Inks:  Misty Moonlight

Papers:  Magenta Madness, Basic White, Sunshine and Rainbow DSP

Accessories:  Gumball Machine Dies, Frosted Beads Assortment, Tasteful Label dies, Gumball Machine Shaker, Misty Moonlight ribbon

No comments: