Wednesday, December 29, 2021

A Windmill (Molen in Dutch) another catalogue sneak peak

 I was 6 when I emigrated from Holland, leaving everything behind - except what could be packed into a trunk. It must have been a hard decision for my parents not knowing what was ahead of them in Canada.

Windmills remind me of the land of my birth.  I returned to Holland after I graduated from University and was awestruck by the majesty of these structures.

One of the new bundles in the Mini catalogue launching in less than a week is the Tulip Fields and Flowering Tulips, both of which have dies.  The Designer Paper that coordinates with them is gorgeous, as are the metallic butterfly embellishments.

The card I made is larger than I normally make - a 5 by 7- as I did not want to crowd out the windmill.

I put a picture of an old windmill below my card.





Supplies:
Stamp:  Tulip Fields
Inks:  Gorgeous Grape
Papers: Thick basic white, Basic White, Soft Suede, Ombre specialty paper, Flowering Fields DSP
Accessories:  Tulip dies, Windmill Field Dies, Small brad, Crystal Effects, Brushed Brass Butterflies

Measurements and putting card together.

  • Thick Basic White 10 by 7 scored at 5 to form a 5 by 7 card (card base)
  • Flowering Fields DSP 4 3/4 by 6 3/4" - layer on card base
  • Soft Suede 4 by 11 to die cut the windmill and turbines. To make the wind wings or turbines sturdier,  I cut 2 of them and adhered them together.  (These are the parts that turn in the wind to make the windmill operational)
  • Add the wings to the body of the Windmill using a small brad
  • Adhere completed windmill to the card front.
  • Using the edge die from the Tulip dies,  cut 3 layers of tulips using the Ombre specialty paper, a different colour for each layer. 
Layer 1:  Gorgeous Grape 2 1/2 by 7" Ombre paper 
Layer 2:  Poppy Parade 2 1/2 by 7" Ombre Paper
Layer 3:  Daffodil Delight 2 1/2 by 7" Ombre Paper

  • Adhere the layers together using Tear and stick tape, alternating the flowers and shifting the heights.
  • Adhere to the card front below body of Windmill




  • Trim off excess at both sides.
  • Stamp sentiment using Gorgeous Grape ink on a 5/8 by 2 1/8" piece of Basic White.  Adhere to card front hear the top of the windmill.
  • Add 3 metallic butterflies
To finish the card, I did add some Glossy Accents to the wing edges and parts of the body but this is optional.






No comments: