Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Three Amigos - another catalogue sneak peak

Three days before Christmas, and I spent the day in the kitchen baking   I haven't made apple crisp in a long time so felt like a bit rusty.  Non the less I ended up  trying mething new as well -  apples in a tortilla.  After adding copping applies and some sugar and cinnamon, the tortilla was rolled it up tightly rolled in melted butter and a sugar/cinnamon mixture and baked it in the oven.   Mmmmm ! I think this may be my new seasonal favourite!

After all this kitchen labour, I took a foray down to the craft room to make some cards using the "So Hoppy Together" stamp set.

This is such an adorable stamp set. I gave you a sneak peak of this SAB stamp set earlier in the week here, and today I'm giving you another. The frog characters bring a smile to my face every time.

For this card I used the masking technique to bring all three characters together on one card. Together they look like the 3 amigos.


I just love the little guy on the unicyle, so I stamped some bees overhead as if he were tumbling them.  Because I visualized him bobbing around on this cycle, I crafted another frog identical to on the cycle and mounted him on top using a wobble.  So, he actually does move about.

After colouring all with Stampin Blends, I gave them all "google" eyes.  I wanted smaller ones, but couldn't find them.  I quite like the bigger ones.  It gives them more personality.

Behind the 3 amigos I created clouds in the sky using scallop circles and Pool Party ink.

The art piece was matted with Berry Burst card stock and mounted to the card front using dimensionals.

The card base of Berry Burst is matted with Whisper White with 2 different patterns of Animal Adventure DSP added to the left.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  So Hoppy Together
Inks:  Pool Party, Stampin' Blends (Granny Apply Green, Smoky Slate
Papers:  Berry Burst, Whisper White, Animal Adventure DSP
Accessories:  Google eyes, Dimensionals, small wobble (non SU)

No comments: