Friday, October 6, 2017

Thank You Recessed Panel Cards - 2 views

Yesterday I posted a recessed panel card that was a Halloween card. See the post here

Today's Thank You card uses a different DS and  I am posting 2 versions of it.

 I show you both layouts because the direction of the recess does not really matter, nor does the size.

When I first made this card I actually put the card together with the recessed elements reversed (see bottom picture).  I was upset with myself and put the card aside, not even completing it.

After a couple of days I made another card, this time paying attention as to where to place the elements.  After I was done, I realized that it did not matter which direction the recess went.  I actually saw some cards made with the recess vertical and another one horizontal.

So, here's how I made the card.  I started with a Whisper White card base and cut a piece of DSP and a piece of Whisper White 4 1/4 by 5 1/2" - the same size as the card base.  The DSP was adhered to the card front.

The Whisper White was cut using the template pictured below.  Again, you don't need a template, you can just eyeball where to cut the pieces.
Two pieces of Pool Party card stock 1 1/2 by 6" were added to the inside edges extending over the edges about  1/8" with the excess trimmed off.
Before adhering the pieces, I stamped the image from "Timeless Texture" in Pool Party ink and the sentiment from "Daisy Delight" In Black Memento.

Using foam adhesive strips to adhere the cut pieces  to the card front allows the middle area to be "recessed".

For both cards I fussy cut floral and leaf images from the DSP, sponged the edges and adhered them to a 1 1/4" punched circle, which was then adhered to the card.


Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Daisy Delight, Timeless Texture
Inks:  Black Memento, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Old Olive
Papers:  Whisper White, Lots of Lovely DSP, Pool Party
Accessories:  Trimmer, 1 1/4" circle punch, Strips of Foam tape


Template I used


No comments: