Thursday, October 5, 2017

Gourd Goodness Recess Panel Card

Today I thought I'd try my hand at making a Halloween recessed panel card, using a tutorial found here

The base of the card is Basic Black.  I cut a piece of Wicked Night DSP and Very Vanilla card stock, the same size as the card front i.e. 4 1/2 by 5 1/5". The DSP was adhered to the card base.

The Very Vanilla card stock was cut into 3 pieces at an angle using a template I had made previously.  I used only the 2 triangular pieces, discarding the middle piece. You don't need to have a template, but I find it easier to do so.

Next I cut 2 pieces of Pumpkin Pie card stock, about
1 1/2 by 6".  Each piece was adhered to the inside edge of the two triangular pieces so that  only 1/8" piece of the card stock showed.

Before adhering these pieces to the card front I stamped the sentiment on the right lower piece.

On the reverse side of each piece I placed strips of foam tape adhesive about 1/8" from edges and adhered each piece to the card front.

The embellishment at the top is made of pumpkins and leaves that I fussy cut after stamping.

I also die cut some swirls from the "Pattern Pumpkin Thinlets". 

All were arranged and adhered to a 1 1/4" punched circle and then added to the card top using dimensionals.










Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Gourd Goodness, Creep it Reel
Inks:  Black Memento, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Markers (Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight)
Papers:  Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie, Spooky Night DSP, Garden Green
Accessories:  Patterned Pumpkins Thinlets, Dimensionals

No comments: