For the challenge with Pals Paper Arts I decided to make a flower that would coordinate with the DSP I am using. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.
- The base card is Rose Red, layered with Whisper White. On top of that I placed a piece of DSP from the Love Blossoms DSP stack. This DSP did not go all the way to the bottom. In a gap in the bottom and overlapping the DSP is a piece of Garden Green cardstock.
I used 2 dies to make the flower - the Flower Frenzy die and the Bigz Bouquet die (both of which are retired). Two medium sized flower were die cut in Whisper White, and one smaller flower in Pink Pirouette. The leaves are Garden Green; the stamen Daffodil Delight. I also die cut a small 4 petal flower is Garden Green. This was used as the base on which I built the flower.
- For each flower, the petals were completely cut into individual ones and sponged with Red Rose ink. The stamen was made using the fringe scissors and rolling it with a pair of tweezers.
- Each petal was lightly spritzed with water and then stressed/formed with a stylus and pinched to form the shape I wanted.
- Then using the 4 petal flower as a base, each petal was attached to the base using tombo glue and held down with the stylus. They were placed opposite each other. 10 petals were placed on the bottom.
- The stamen was then adhered to the center, and the smaller pink petals were adhered around the stamen.
- The green leaf die cut from the Bouquet die was cut in half and glued to the bottom of the flower.
- Once dry the flower was spritzed with vanilla smooch and adhered to the card.
It is from "Sheltering Tree" and stamped with Archival Ink, matted with Rose Red and then Garden Green. It was attached to the Garden Green piece beside the flower.
If you would like to see a tutorial on how the flower was made, leave a comment to that effect. Thanks
Stamps: Sheltering Tree
Inks: Rose Red, Black Archival
Papers: Rose Red, Whisper White, Garden Green, Pink Pirouette, Daffodil Delight, Love Blossoms DSP
Accessories: Stylus, Flower Frenzy die, XL Flower Boutique die, Fringe scissors, tombo glue, vanilla smooch.