Friday, January 8, 2016

A Wintery Happy Birthday - SUO Challenges #139

I wanted to make a birthday card for the challenge with SUO.  Many times my customers have asked for a birthday card for a child born in the winter months.
I used as my inspiration the sunrise I saw yesterday morning.  I had an appointment in Toronto, and rather than drive I took the Greyhound bus.  The bus left at 6 a.m. so it was still very dark, but later when the sun started to come up there was the most beautiful sunrise.  We were right near the Ganaraska forest so there were trees silhouetted in this brilliancy.
I used the beloved stamp set "Lovely as a Tree" and sponged the sky.

  • I started by tearing a piece of printer paper in an irregular pattern and used that as a mask to deliniate the ground the sky.  Covering up the sky area, I sponged the group first using Pool Party and some Marina Mist.  Later on I added dazzling diamonds to represent the snow.
  • Then covering up the ground, I sponged an area of dark green (Mossy Meadow) as there was a line of forest beyond these trees.
  •  So Saffron was sponged in the left corner (that was the sun coming up), and then sponged some Pink Pirouette over the rest of the horizon.  Above that Tangerine Tango was sponged, followed by Marina Mist and a fine layer of Night of Navy.
  • The trees were stamped using Mossy Meadow for the big one, and Early Espresso for the smaller trees.
  • Some dazzling diamonds were applied to the trees as we had experienced a heavy frost that night.
  • For some added bling some silver sequins were added.
  • The sentiment is from :Remembering Your Birthday"
  • The basic card is Whisper White, layered with Basic Black, and then with the image piece which was done on Whisper White.

Supplies Used: 
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Remembering Your birthday
Inks: Pool Party, Marina Mist, So Saffron, Pink Pirouette,Tangerine Tango, Night of Navy, Mossy Meadow, Early Espresso, Archival Black
Papers: Whisper White, Basic Black
Accessories: Silver sequins, two way glue pen, dazzling diamonds.dimensionals

I was mesmerized by the sunrise even that early in the morning,  I hope this card does justice to what I witnessed.

No comments: