Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Wilderness Awaits - card 3 - dog - a Swing Card

Card #3 of the series of stamps made with The Wilderness Awaits stamp set is a tilt card and features the dog.
I used a You Tube tutorial to make the tilt card, and it was fairly easy to make.

  • The base card is Crumb Cake cardstock whose edges have been sponged with Chocolate Chip ink.
  • For both the DSP along the left side, and on the front panel, I used the background stamp "It's Wild" and Crumb Cake ink.  I made one big piece and then cut the pieces to fit both areas.  Again the edges were sponged.
  • On the left side, I cut a piece of burlap ribbon in half and frayed the edges.  I then wrapped some vanilla/gold Baker's twine around it three times and tied it into a bow in the middle.
  • For the front panel, the stamped DSP was matted with chocolate chip cardstock and adhered to the panel.
  • The dog, which was coloured with ink and a blender pen, was die cut using the oval framelit die and the edges sponged. A frame was made using 2 sizes of the oval framelets using Crumb Cake cardstock.  The frame was well sponged with chocolate Chip ink and adhered to the front panel using tombo glue.
  • Flip the panel, and there is the sentiment.  Whisper White cardstock was matted with chocolate chip ink and the sentiment stamped with the same ink.  I found some paw prints that I also stamped with the sentiment, as well as on other parts of the card.




I don't know if this is the best picture, but I wanted to show you how the card swung back and forth.

Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




No comments: