Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The Wilderness Awaits - Card 2 - The Fox - a Window card

I just love this card set, but then Nature stamps have always appealed to me.
For the second card in this series, I decided to use the fox - plus I decided to make the card a little bit different.  By different I mean putting a window in the front of the card and seeing the fox through it.

  • The base card is Crumb Cake cardstock, layered with Pretty Petals DSP stack
  • After adhering the two layers together, I used the new Lots of Labels framelits to create a window in the middle of the card.
  • To make the Basic Black frame, I used 2 sizes of the Lots of Labels, the one used to make the original window and the next larger one.
  • At the bottom and top I placed strips of Basic Black card stock with the edging made using the smaller Lots of Labels framelit (the small end) and die cuting it all the way across the top edge.
  • The image was coloured first with a Crumb Cake ink and aqua painter, and then Cajun Craze mainly with the blender pen.  I emphasized the eyes with a black marker.  It was stamped with Black Memento on Whisper White card stock.  The grass was coloured with Old Olive and Always Artichoke markers.
  • The image was die cut with the same size Lots of Labels framelit as used to make the window, and a Basic Black frame was made around it in a manner similar to the front of the card.
  • Using the stamp set "Teeny Tiny Wishes", the sentiment was stamped under the fox.
  • To attach this image to the inside of the card, I used the front window as a guide.
Supplies Used: 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: