Sunday, August 16, 2015

Clematis in Center Step Card Fold - The Friday Mashup #221

I love my flowers!  Every mornin at 8:30 a.m.  (weather permitting) I am out in the garden, dead heading, weeding, edging, watering, etc.  It is a time I enjoy very much.  Usually the birds are very active that time of morning, and I hear cardinals, chickadees, doves, and the occasional robin and they are my music accompaniement (? spelling).
When I saw the challenge with The Friday Mashup I was delighted. Yes! Yes! I went.  Then I looked at the colour challenge that went with it: Delightful Dijon, Old Olive, and Rich Razzelberry.  I immediately thought of my clematis, which has finished blooming for the summer, but gave me such a show for over a month.  So, I punched some flower petals and leaves and formed a clematis.

  • The card is a Center Step fold card, and the tutorial I used is a modified version of the SCS one.  It was done by Brian King on his blog.
  • The base cardstock is Old Olive, and I used the SU trimmer to do the cutting and scoring.
  • The center piece  is layered with Rich Razzelberry cardstock, and then Whisper white embossed with the Brick embossing folder.
Flower:
  • 6 of the smaller flower petals from the Build a Flower punch (retired) were punched in Rich Razzelberry cardstock.  Each petal was sponged with Rich Razzelberry ink, and shaped with a stylus and the lid of the tombo glue.  A 3/4" circle was punched in Rich Razzelberry as well, and with a hot glue gun, the petals were added to the circle one by one.
  • For the center of the flower, I punch a 3/4" circle in Delightful Dijon, sponged the edges with the same colour of ink, then snipped all the way around the circle to create a fringe.  The center was then shaped using a tombo lid to push it into a stamping pad.  This was hot glued to the center of the clematis.  Then I punched a small Rich Razzelberry circle using the 1/8" hand held punch and adhered it to the center.  Finally a rhinestone was added.
  • 6 Old Olive leaves were punched using the same punch.  Again, each leaf was sponged using Old Olive ink, and then shaped with a stylus and tombo glue lid.
  • A narrow curved stem was cut free hand from a scrap of Old Olive and adhered to the Brick layer.
  • The Clematis was adhered to the upper right of this layer, with the leaves added one at a time in a random fashion.
This is one of the 4 clematis vines I have.  It was so beautiful this year.

Designer Paper
  • Seeing as I did not have any DSP with those colours I decided to make my own, using a multiple colour emboss resist technique (I made that up I think)
  • On a piece of Whisper White cardstock, I randomly sponged areas of Rich Razzelberry, Old Olive and Delightful Dijon using sponge daubers covering the entire surfaces i.e. no white areas.
  • Then using Versa Mark ink and the stamp set "Garden in Bloom", I randomly stampedvarious  t images all over the now very colourful paper.  
  • Clear embossing powder was added, and then heat embossed.
  • Then the entire piece of treated paper was covered with Old Olive ink and a sponge dauber. To finish, the surface was wiped with a dry clean towel.
This DSP was used to place on the front and side pieces.

The sentiment is from the stamp set "Garden in Bloom", punched with a Decorative Label punch, sponged with Rich Razzelberry ink, and adhered to the front using dimensionals.
Tiny flowers in Rich Razzelberry cardstock were punched and added to the front, and two were punched with the remaining DSP and added under the clematis.

Rhinestones were added to the tiny flowers; bling to the edges of the clematic.

Supplies Used:
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...