Monday, July 13, 2015

Folded Corner Thank You Swap Cards

I belong to an Ontario Yahoo group called ORSA (Ontario Rubber Stamping Artists) and we hold monthly card swaps as well as Technique swaps.  For the monthly swaps we made 3 cards, send them to a hostess, and we get 3 different cards in return.  This is not a Stampin' Up group.
This month's theme was to make a card with lace on it.  I used the doilie, and in addition I thought I would try a fold I have never done before - folded corner fold.  For this fold I used a video tutorial I found on Pinterest.
Because I wasn't sure how the fold would turn out I used Midnight Muse cardstock (retired) as well as Midnight Muse ink.

Card is standing up and the fold is open

3 cards for the swap

  • The basic cardstock is Midnight Muse - A2 size - and I made the 2 cuts using the trimmer.  This is explained very well in the video.
  • Once the fold has been made, I cut a 2 7/8 by 2 7/8" piece of Whisper White cardstock.
  • The image from "Hey There Buds" was stamped with Midnight Muse.  For some reason the images did not stamp well, but I bought out my blender pen and touched up the spots that did not ink up. A pearl was added to the middle of one of the flowers.
  • I cut out the corner of the Tea Lace Doilie the goes under the fold so that it won't show when the card is opened.  It was attached with a bit of tombo glue.
  • The sentiment from "Curly Cute" was stamped with Midnight Muse on a 2 7/8 by 7/8"piece of Whisper White.  This was matted with Midnight Muse, and both ends were notched.  I wanted to make sure the length of the sentiment piece was the same length as the image piece - so the card looked more balanced.  It was adhered between the fold and the bottom with a bit of tombo glue.  A row of 4 pearls was placed under the sentiment.
  • After the card front was complete, I punched a bitty butterfly with a punch and added it to the upper right of the image piece with a glue dot.  3 tiny pearls were placed on the body of the butterfly and the antennae were hand drawn.
  • Of course I have to add bling, so dazzling details was added to the white areas of the flowers.
Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: