This month's theme was to make a card with lace on it. I used the doilie, and in addition I thought I would try a fold I have never done before - folded corner fold. For this fold I used a video tutorial I found on Pinterest.
Because I wasn't sure how the fold would turn out I used Midnight Muse cardstock (retired) as well as Midnight Muse ink.
Card is standing up and the fold is open
3 cards for the swap
- The basic cardstock is Midnight Muse - A2 size - and I made the 2 cuts using the trimmer. This is explained very well in the video.
- Once the fold has been made, I cut a 2 7/8 by 2 7/8" piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- The image from "Hey There Buds" was stamped with Midnight Muse. For some reason the images did not stamp well, but I bought out my blender pen and touched up the spots that did not ink up. A pearl was added to the middle of one of the flowers.
- I cut out the corner of the Tea Lace Doilie the goes under the fold so that it won't show when the card is opened. It was attached with a bit of tombo glue.
- The sentiment from "Curly Cute" was stamped with Midnight Muse on a 2 7/8 by 7/8"piece of Whisper White. This was matted with Midnight Muse, and both ends were notched. I wanted to make sure the length of the sentiment piece was the same length as the image piece - so the card looked more balanced. It was adhered between the fold and the bottom with a bit of tombo glue. A row of 4 pearls was placed under the sentiment.
- After the card front was complete, I punched a bitty butterfly with a punch and added it to the upper right of the image piece with a glue dot. 3 tiny pearls were placed on the body of the butterfly and the antennae were hand drawn.
- Of course I have to add bling, so dazzling details was added to the white areas of the flowers.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog