Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Criss Cross Card

Happy Canada Day Everyone

Today is Canada's birthday, but its not a nice day for all the outdoor festivities planned around the city.  I was talking to my sister in Vancouver last night, and they're experiencing a heat wave with temperatures in the 30's.  What happened?  It's supposed to be the other way around.

Today I thought I would catch up on some card making and other chores that needed doing in the craft room.
One of my groups had a challenge today - to make a Criss Cross card.  I can't say that I have ever made one before, but I was game to try.  I was surprised at the number of You Tube videos there were devoted to this card fold.  I settled on the video by Schell Fabian as I found that the easiest to follow.

Criss Cross card with insert showing

  • The base is Whisper White cut into 2 pieces at 4 1/4".  Each piece was then scored at 5 1/2
  • To make the cross over, each half was cut from one corner to the opposite corner.
  • A 5 1/2 by 4" piece of DSP ( retired) was cut diagonally the same way as the Whisper White piece was cut.  These pieces were adhered to the triangular pieces on the front.  I chose to use 2 different patterns.
  • A 1" Whisper white belly band was placed around the card.  A 3/4" strip of Night of Navy was adhered to that, and then some white seam binding.  A bow was adhered to the right side.  On the left side, a floral image using the Flower patch and coordinating framelits was used to make the flower cluster.
  • An insert was made using a 5 1/4 by 3 3/4" piece of a different DSP, and layered with Whisper White.  To make the tab I used the Decorative Label punch, folding it in half and adhering it so that the top of the fold was level with the top of the card.  I placed a white tiny flower with a yellow center in the middle near the middle.  Near the bottom, I placed a 3/4" strip ofone of the  matching DSP from the front, with a scallop border using the other DSP.  Two flowers were stamped using Tangelo Twist ink, and a sentiment from Flower Patch was stamped in Night of Navy.
Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: