It was partly business tips, and a lot of make-and-takes (8 in total), with a lot of new techniques learned.
I will be making cards using these new techniques in the future so watch for them.
I was completely exhausted by the time I got home, but" pumped up" at the same time. My brain was in overload so I'm taking time to review all the information I was given in the form of a thick package. No, we did not need to take notes!
Here's one of the business tips I learned - how to minimize the cost of making your cards. They suggested that our goal should be to keep the consumable costs (cardstock, ribbon, adhesives etc) under a $1.00 if possible.
- Use small bits of ribbon rather than large lengths
- Use DSP or stamped images instead of embellishments
- Minimize layers
- Use heat embossing to provide metallic look
- Use twine rather than ribbon
- Use embossing folders for texture reather than ribbon
- Use techniques for WOW rather than embellishments
- Use sequins for touches of bling
- Use punched shapes
- Use small bits of glimmer paper.
Today I thought I would post a few pictures of some of the display items. Tomorrow I'll put up some more.
I stopped for coffee at one point, and promptly spilled it on my white pants (down one entire leg), and of course there were no paper towels in the bathroom. I put my pants to soak when I got to the hotel, but I think they are ruined.
In Cambridge I found a clothing store advertising 70% off their clothes, so I bought a new pair of white capri's.
So, a misadventure turned into a wonderful Christmas in July event.
More pictures tomorrow.