I started early this morning, then was interrupted by a project outside that has also been in the works for a while. An old concrete laundry tub has finally given up the ghost and my neighbour lent us his sledge hammer so we could break it into little bits. This laundry tub had been a wonderful planter for annuals for 14 years. While my son was doing that, I went to the YMCA for my exercise class, and came back to help load the car. While he was taking a bit of a break, I came downstairs and worked on the card some more.
Then off to the dump we went, but the bits of concrete messed up my car, so when we returned, the car had to be vacuumed. Well one thing leads to another, so while he was doing that I washed the inside of the car including the windows. My son washed the outside.
Finally I was able to come downstairs to finish the card, which I did. As I was going to take a picture of it, the battery in my camera went dead and needed to be charged - a 3 hour process. So, I am writing this blog adding in all the information about the card, and will add the picture later. It is now 3 hours later and I am adding the pictures.
- The basic card is Pear Pizzazz cardstock, layered with Whisper White which was altered quite a bit.
- First took the background stamp from"You've Got This", inked it up with Pear Pizzazz, stamped off once and then stamped the background onto the Whisper white. This was done about 3 or 4 times until most of the cardstock was covered.
- Then I brought out the Stripes Decorative mask, and using a finger dauber, inked the stripes with Soft Sky ink.
- The fern stamp from Awesomely Artistic was stamped randomly along the left side using Pear Pizzazz ink. That's the background.
- The image of the dragon fly was coloured with markers (Soft Sky and Basic Black) and stamped onto Whisper White. The was done 3 times. Each image was then die cut using the Deco Labels framelite. The edges of the framelit were first sponged with Soft Sky and then with Pear Pizzazz.
- Using the spotty stamp I stamped on each deco label three times with Pear Pizzazz ink.
- Looking at the Dragon Fly I realized they needed something - Iridescent wings!! So, 3 dragon flies were stamped with Versa Mark and embossed with Iridescent Ink embossing powder. I coloured over this with a soft sky marker, and cut each wing out. A glue dot was used to attach each of these cut outs over top of the original wings.
- The decor labels were adhered to the background as indicated on the card. The bottom one was attached with dimensionals.
- The sentiment is from "Natural Elements Expressions" and was adhered using tombo glue.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Hope I don't have another day like this or else I'll not get many cards made.