Now, back to putting some content on my blog. If you're wondering about the blog header, my son is designing a new one, but in the middle of doing so his friend got hurt at work so he dropped everything to be with his friend.
This card is for the colour challenge with Hand Stamped Sentiments. These are the colours: Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry and Mossy Meadow.
- The base card is Bermuda Bay, layered with Crushed Curry, and then the image layer which is Whisper White cardstock
- The image of the flower was stamped with black Stazon ink, masked, and stamped again, a little highter and off to the other side.
- Using markers and an aquapainter, the images were coloured- the flowers with Crushed curry, with Mossy Meadow combined with Crushed Curry for the stamens. I used the marker itself to provide highlights and insert shadows in some of the spaces. The stems were coloured with Mossy meadow and an aqua painter. Again I used the marker to colour in some shadows.
- Using a stamp from "Butterly basics" the honeycomb background was stamped with Bermuda Bay ink
- The sentiment is from "A Dozen Thoughts" and was stamped with Calypso Coral ink.
- To finish the card, tiny Calypso coral butterflies were die cut using the now retired Beautiful wings embosslit and rhinestones were placed in their centers. A SAB calypso coral ribbon was added to the bottom of one of the flowers.
- A card has to have bling, so I applied dazzling details to the outline of the flowers.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Also used the retired Beautiful wings sizzlet and the SAB calypso coral ribbon.