Friday, June 5, 2015

Butterfly Basics Just for You - Technostamper 364

Finally, I got some time to sit down and create something.  It seems all week I've been running here and running there, but tonight is my time.

For the sketch challenge with Technostamper I thought I would stamp and colour an image rather than use DSP.  I used the stamp set "Butterfly Basics" and coloured it using the new in-colours ink pads and an aqua painter.

 
  • The basic cardstock is Delightful Dijon, layered with Whisper White and then Cherry on Top DSP stack.
  • The image was stamped with Black Stazon ink onto Whisper White cardstock and coloured with ink pads and an aqua painter.  Some dazzline details was used on the flowers.
  • The image panel was then cut into 3 pieces: 1/2" at the bottom, and then at 1".  When applied to the DSP a 1/8" space was allowed between the cut pieces.
  • To make the ribbon flower, I cut a piece of 1" Delightful Dijon dotted lace trim, and with a large eyed needle, and linen thread, I placed stitches along the unscalloped edge.  Pulling the thread forms the flower.  After tying the linen thread off, a 5/8" neutral brad was inserted in the middle, and the unit was adhered using a glue gun.
Close up of ribbon flower

  • The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny sayings, and punched using the Word Window punch.
Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

MJ said...

I sure get the whole busy thing, end of the school year is crazy around here. You card is so pretty, love that stunning flower. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge!