Sunday, January 25, 2015

With Sympathy - Bloom with Hope

The stamp set that I used for this card is a Hostess one, and I just love it.  I love to colour the images and I think that's what appeals to me.
I saw a similar card on Pinterest, so that's what got me into making this card.
This morning was dedicated to making sympathy cards, and I made 3 - not bad considering it's only 10 a.m.  Well, to tell the truth, I did do some of the colouring last night.....

I used several images from this stamp set to create this composite image.  The leaves and the smaller flowers were stamped with memento onto whisper white cardstock, but the larger one was stamped onto a smaller, separate piece of Whisper White.
The colouring was the fun part.  I used the new blendabilities - Pink Pirouette for the flowers, and Wild Wasabi for the stem and leaves.  I did throw in a little Melon Mambo for extra depth to the petals.  For the center of the flower I used Daffodil Delight, with a bit of Crumb Cake along the outer edges.
After I was finished colouring, the larger flower was cut out using SU paper snips.  Then it was attached to the card using dimensionals.

The main card is Pink Pirouette, layered with Basic Black, and then Whisper White.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



1 comment:

2dogs2luv said...

very nice color combo; TFS!