Monday, January 26, 2015

With Sympathy - Petite Petals

Again, I was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest.  Pinterest is a really good source for information and for getting your mojo going when you can't think of a thing to make.
I CASED the idea of the card, but I made some changes as well.

The first thing I did was take my top layer of Whisper white and die cut it using the Apothecary Accents framelit.  Then I embossed it with the Fancy Fan embossing folder.

Now, knowing where the space is for my sentiment, I stamped "With Sympathy" from the Bloom with Hope stamp set.  It was stamped using Crumb Cake ink.

I then attached the embossed layer to a whisper White layer underneath, and then added the Sahara Sand Trim near the bottom.  I also added a piece of scalloped Crumb Cake to the bottom.
These 2 layers were then adhered to the Crumb Cake base.

Now I began work on the embellishments.  Using the Bird Builder punch, I punched 4 leaves using Pistachio pudding card stock.  Then I stamped 10 flowers from the Petite Petals stamp set, using Crumb Cake ink, and punched them out using the coordinating punch.

The leaves were glued around the aperture first, and then the flowers were attached using dimensionals.  Little pearls were put in the center of each flower.  Seven flowers were used on the front, and the remaining 3 I put on the inside.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


1 comment:

Naomi Connolly said...

Lovely card. Those petite Petals are so delightful. Just a tip you might like. I read that you were unsure of sentiment placement. I have made a booklet of all the punches and label dies so I can just place them over stamp or cardstock and know exactly how much space I have around sentiment. You probably know this but just a thought.