Saturday, January 24, 2015

Thanks

I've been invited out to dinner tonight at a friend's house.  My mother always told me never to arrive empty handed, so I made a Thank You card using her favourite colours, and the new "Hello You" thinlet dies.  I am also planning on covering an Internet password and E-mail book I picked up.  My friend has this information all over the place and in about 5 books.  Hopefully this will make her life a litte more organized.





I started out by using photopaper and alcohol inks to create a background in mauves/purples and silver.
Using  the "Hello You" framelit I die cut the work "Thanks" from this background, and punched 6 flowers using the Petite Petals punch.
The word was run through the Xyron runner and attached to a piece of Whisper White cardstock matted with Wild Wasabi cardstock.

The basic card is Wild Wasabi, layered with Whisper White embossed with the Decorative Dots embossing folder.
On the top at the left hand side, 3 banners are attached,  The larger one is die cut using the Painted Blooms DSP, the second one (in the middle) is smaller and embossed with the Fancy Fan folder; the smallest is also die cut from the Painted Blooms DSP but the flip side of the first.

The sentiment panel is attached to the bottom of the card using dimensionals.

A small snip is made between the petals of each flower, and with the handle of a small paint brush, the ends are curled up.  A rhinestone is placed in the middle of each.  Hot glue is used to attache these to the card - 3 on the front, and 3 on the inside.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


I also used the Banner framelits.

I liked the card so much I made one for myself.

No comments: