Saturday, December 6, 2014

Wine Tag/ Label in Blue and Silver - The Friday Mashup 188

Yesterday I made a wine label for a customer of mine, and I liked the Pool Party and silver one so much I thought I would make another one for the challenge with The Friday Mashup here

This week's Mashup Challenge is:
  • Create a project using "Silver or Gold". 
  • Create a "Christmas Project". 
  • or Mash it Up! and create a "Christmas-themed Project with Silver or Gold"
My choice was to make a Christmas wine tag/label using the colours Lost Lagoon and silver.






The  wine tag/label was die cut using Lost Lagoon cardstock and the banners framelit I managed to make it 9 7/8" long by placing the unnotched end over the cut edge of the framelit rather than under it (then it didn't cut).  It is 2 1/4" wide.  I scored it 3 " from the top and used a 1 1/4" circle punch to make a hole for the bottle neck (in the middle).  To make this opening look a little more decorative, I took a scrap of silver foil paper, punched a 1 1/4" circle in it, then centered a 1 3/4" scallop circle punch around it, and punched.  The resultant scalloped "hole" fit the bottle neck hole perfectly.

The Lost Lagoon tag was matted with decorative silver striped vellum, which I die cut the same way only with a smaller banner framelit.  This was cut in 2 secions - one 6 1/4" long, and the second piece 2 5/8" long.  The vellum was attached using vellum double sided tape.  After the vellum as attached to the flap, I again used the 1 1/4" circle punch to punch through the existing hole.

In the middle of the tag I attached a silver foil piece 3 by 1 1/4".  The top and bottom edges were scalloped with the scallop edge punch.

Then I made a cone embellishment using the "All is Calm" DSP, which I punched into 1" pieces using the 1" square punch.  Each piece was rolled into a cone and adhered to a punched circle using a hot glue gun.  In the center I placed a snow flake die cut using a retired sizzlet die. A 1/2" silver foil circle was attached to the center followed by a large rhinestone.  It was attached using the hot glue gun.



The sentiment from "Many More Messages" was stamped with Lost Lagoon and embossed with clear embossing powder, then die cut using the Labels framelit.  It was matted with silver foild paper.  Of course I had to place some rhinestones under the sentiment.

To finish the tag, I made a bow out of the 5/8" silver satin ribbon and adhered it to the bottom of the tag under the embellishment.

Here's a list of the supplies used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...