Sunday, December 7, 2014

Happy 50th Birthday - Clean and Simple #314

Clean and simple cards have always been difficult for me.  I'm too fussy I guess, and I'm always adding things to my cards making them anything but clean and simple.
The card with the Clean and Simple challenge here really tried my patience.  It's not that I didn't like the sketch, or the card I created, I just want to add more to the card.  I satisfied my obsession by adding a punched out glitter butterfly on the card.
Please note that it was really nice not to be making a Christmas card as I have been making them since July.  It's not that I'm totally done, just done for today.




I stamped the image of the flower from the stamp set "Blooming with Kindness" using Crushed Curry ink onto Whisper White card stock.  Then I used Basic Black ink and the stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the sentiment under the flower.  I'm not good at eye balling stamps (except with the photopolymer stamps)
Along the left side I matted a piece of Park Lane DSP with Crushed Curry card stock and attached it using snail adhesive.
Okay, so I satisfied by obsessiveness by punching a champagne glitter butterfly, put rhinestones in the center and attached it above the flower using a glue dot.

Here a list of the supplies I used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: