Saturday, December 6, 2014

Greeting Card Kids Tag and tutorial

Next week is my last class before Christmas, and my plan is to have a variety of tags on hand for my students to make.
One thing I wanted to do was make a tag using the envelope punch board.  While searching for samples, I came across this lady (The Paper Princess) who had done a remarkable video on tags using the Envelope Punch board here
After watching the video, I decided to make one of the tags, and do a step by step pictoral tutorial while I was at it.

I used the stamp set "Greeting Card Kids" to make this tag, a stamp set I haven't used at all this holiday season.
Here's how I made the tag:
  1. Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock any size you wish, but I chose 2 1/4 by 4 1/4"
  2. Insert this piece into the Envelope Punch board at the scoring guide and punch.
 
 
 3. Turn the tag over and punch the other side the same way.  This is what your punched tag now looks like.
4.  Mark some cutting lines on the tag, or free hand it.  I prefer to be a bit more accurate and draw the cutting line.
5.  Cut these pieces off.  This is what the tag looks like now.
6.  Now make the tag topper.  You can make this any colour you want to coordinate with other elements in your tag.  I chose to make mine in red.
First cut a piece of Real Red card stock 2 1/2 by 1 1/4" and score at 1 1/4" on the long side.


7.  Fold this piece in half and crease with the bone folder. Open it up and insert it into the envelope maker at the 1 1/4" mark and punch. Turn over and punch the other side.

Close the punched piece and again crease the fold with the bone folder.  This is what the topper now looks like.

8.  Punch a hole in the top.  Reinforce this hole by punching a another hole in a different colored cardstock and use a 3/4" circle punch to punch around it.  Make two of them.  I made green ones, again to go with the colour scheme of the tag.  Adhere these around the punched hole.


Attach the topper to the tag.  Decorate tag as desired.


Supplies used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog






No comments: