Friday, May 4, 2012

Thanks Big Time - Sketch Frenzy Friday

What wonderful Spring weather we have had for the last couple of days.  I must admit I I have been spending time in the garden rather than making cards or doing any blog posts.  So, if you have missed me that's where I have been.
However, I have taken the time to make a card for this Friday's mini blog hop with Sketch Frenzy Friday.
This week's sketch is by Kim Innes

05/04/12 Kim Innis

Here is my card (see my passion for flowers!!!)


Here is a close up of the flower:

To make the flower I punched 5 pieces of Summer Smooches designer paper using the Blossoms punch, put a brad in the middle and scrunched them all up.  Patty Bennett did a video on this method.  Here is the link: http://youtu.be/p8U_9Z9CKPk
I then sprayed Vanilla shimmer smooch spritz on the flower to help it hold its shape and give the flower a big of glam.

Here's the recipe for the rest of the card:
Stamp: A Word for You
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Basic Black
Papers: Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Summer Smooches designer paper
Accessories: Finial Press embossing folder, Flower brad, Vanilla Smooch Spritz, Crimper, 3/8" , Blossoms Punch,Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon,Lots of tags Sizzlits die

Now let's see what you come up with using Kim's sketch.  When finished upload it to the Sketch Frenzy homepage here
Your next stop on the blog hop tour is Patrice's blog here
Don't forget to visit the blogs of the other team members and leave them comments.

Stay well, and I'll see you next week.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Great card, Maria! I love the scrunched flower! Such a fun element on your card!

Patty Bennett said...

Wow.. love your flower with the brighter colors.. i need to try that! thanks for the shout out and link to my video! you are too kind!!
Patty

Patrice Herrera said...

Wow what a great flower. I will check out her tech. Great minds think alike. Hope all is well with you Maria

inkedx2 said...

Love that flower. Great card.