Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy Easter - Mojomonday sketch challenge 180

Easter is fast approached, and I realized I didn't have very many Easter cards made - so I took the opportunity of using the Challenge sketch with Mojomonday to make one.  The sketch is located here . I chose to do the square design.

Stamp: Easter Blossoms
Inks: Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Versa Mark
Papers: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Sweet Stitches Designer Paper, Basic Black
Accessories: Black embossing powder, 3/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, 3/8" Real Red Taffeta ribbon
To make the scallop edge at the top, I first punched out 3/4" circles, and then punched 1" circle over that to create the punched out circle.  These punched out circles were overlapped on a piece of Tempting Turquoise card stock to create the scallop edge
The image was first embossed with black embossing powder and then the background was sponged with Tempting Turquoise and Rose Red.

No comments: