Monday, January 22, 2024

Tobogganing What Winter Fun! The Paper Players #673

 Today would have been a perfect day to toboggan as it snowed all afternoon! That is what gave me the idea to make this card for the challenge at The Paper Players #673

The challenge is a clean and simple one with "Winter Fun" as the theme e.g. skating, sledding, snow skiing, sleigh rides, etc..

do this challenge as CAS is very difficult for me.  I hope I accomplished it in this card.


.
On an A2 card base of Boho blue, I added a layer of Basic White cardstock embossed with the polka dot embossing folder. This provides the challenge with the required white space, yet gives the illusion of snow falling for a winter scene. In the center I add a piece of Basic White cardstock matted with Boho Blue card stock both of which were die cut using a Deckled Rectangle die. I added a pattern on the Basic White rectangle using a Stampin' Up stencil.  This pattern reminded me of an eddy of  wind in the wake of the speeding toboggan. At the bottom of the Basic White rectangle I added a piece of Glitter White card stock to mimic a slope for the toboggan.

The focal image is a deer on a toboggan going down hill at a rather fast clip. Snow (Frosty Sparkle Kiss) is billowing up the front and sides of the toboggan and his scarf is flying in the wind.  But he's obviously enjoying it because he has a huge grin on his face. I coloured him with Stampin' Blends (Real Red, Crumb Cake, Flirty Flamingo, Basic Black) after which I fussy cut him and added him to the die cut rectangle using dimensionals.


This unit is added to the card front using dimensionals.

To finish the card I added some blue rhinestones.

Stamp:  Tobogganing (Frog's Whiskers Ink)

Inks:  Boho Blue for background, Stampin' Blends (Real Red, Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Flirty Flamingo)

Papers:  Boho Blue, Basic White, White glitter paper

Accessories:  Deckled Rectangle dies, Polka dot embossing folder, Frosty Sparkle Kiss, Blue rhinestones, Stencil (Stampin UP), Dimensionals


3 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

How FUN! I love the embossed background and this looks like a great way to spend a winter day! Love how the red just pops of the sled! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Cynthia Stevenson said...

This is cute, cute, cute. That must be quite the hill, lol. Thank you for playing along with us.

LeAnne said...

Super duper cute! I love sledding and seeing cards featuring sledding makes me happy too! Thanks so much for playing with our Paper Players challenge this week!