Friday, March 17, 2023

Treats for Easter bunny - Hand Stamped Sentiments #409

 For the sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments #409, I decided to make an Easter card using the Easter Bunny stamp set.  The bunny punch was sold out so I used my Scan n cut to cut out a number of different bunnies and treat eggs.






The card base is Coastal Cabana, layered with Basic white embossed with one of the Basic 3D Embossing folders.

I used the Fabulous Frame die to create the focal shaped image in the front center. I used Coastal Cabana to tie the card elements together.  Before adhering the shaped die cut to the embossed layer, I cut a piece of Dandy design DSP (polka dot pattern) fitting it around the base. I added a strip of glitter Washi tape (from Halloween) to the bottom.

Inside the "frame" I added a flower pot that is actually a 3D sticker and added Egg treats layered on the top.  They were coloured with Stampin blends after which I added glitter. Just in case the bunny wanted a carrot I added a carrot in with the eggs.

The bunny was coloured with Smoky Slate blends with Liquid Applique heated on the tail to make it look like cotton.

The eggs and the bunny were added using dimensionals.

Here's the inside of the card



Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Easter Bunny
Inks:  Black Memento, Stampin Blends various colours
Papers:  Coastal Cabana, Basic White, Dandy Design DSP, Glitter Washi tape
Accessories:  Basic 3D embossing folder, vase sticker, Liquid Applique (tail), Dimensionals, Fabulous Frames Die, glitter, Glossy Accents





3 comments:

Stampin Expressions said...

Wow I never thought of using the frame for this sketch, brilliant! I love the sweet little Easter scene you created! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

Heather said...

Very cute bunny, with that sweet stash of eggs - and how clever to use a frame for our shape! So Smart! Love these colors together, too! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

The Frame is a perfect choice to create the arch element of the HSS sketch. Lovely Easter card. Thanks so much for joining us this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT