Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Wild and Sweet - 3 Different Cards

 Today I thought I’d take a break from making Christmas cards. I was looking through my stamps and came across one that kind of tickled my fancy. I took a look at the little characters in this stamp set “ Wild & Sweet” and immediately fell in love. The stamps include a panda bear a koala bear and a raccoon. The stamps are what you call Distinctive which mean they have varying levels of shading in them, much like a picture. You don’t need to colour them but if you do decide to colour them you don’t need to guess where the  shading is. I love to colour, so I chose to colour them. 

Below is the first card. I couldn’t resist the koala bear.


The koala bear was stamped with black memento ink and then coloured with Smoky Slate Stampin Blends. For the branches I used Crumb cake and Soft Suede; the leaves Old Olive

The stitched rectangle die was used to cut the image which was matted with a slightly larger Basic Black rectangle. Behind it at an angle I added a piece of gold foil paper also die cut with the same size of stitched rectangle die. These two were added to a 3 3/4 by 5 inch piece of  Texture Chic designer paper. This  was added to a Basic White cardstock base.

Matte decorative dot embellishments completed the card front.

Happy birthday sentiment is from the Party Puffins stamp set.  It is stamped on Basic White, and die cut using the Stylish Shape die notched at both ends.  Some gold foil notched cuts were also added to the ends of this sentiment strip.  It was then added below the image using dimensionals.


The Panda Bear - "Feel Better"




The Racoon - Congratulations


No comments: