Sunday, September 12, 2021

A Snowflake Background and a little tree

 My visit to Frog's Whiskers Ink, in Campbellford, Ont., on Sept 7 was heart warming and very productive. 

Tom & Rosemarie Kerr. the owners. are such delightful and knowledgeable people. But like all small business owners the pandemic has hit them hard.

Rosemarie designs her own stamp images and together with Tom also make. package and sell their own products.

The latest stamps, hot off the press, are a couple of Christmas stamps designed for the beginning stamper. The first is a background stamp "Snowflake Horizon M1281"; the second a single "Forest Tree E1285"

Here are a few cards I made with them.


Its best to use a stamp positioning tool to stamp background stamps because you might  need to reink and stamp the image several times to get the coverage effect you want.  If you don't have one Rosemarie has one in the store.

I used a dark blue ink to stamp the sky, but you can use any shade of blue you have.  Using a white ink I stamped the image of the tree 3 times.  If you don't have white ink, you can use white embossing.

I did a few extra things to the card. I added a small amount of glue to the tree branches using a fine tipped glue pen. and the  added glitter. 

On the the ground under the trees I also added some Liquid Applique and glitter and heat set that.

Both the fine tipped glue pen and Liquid Applique are available in the store.

The second card I made into a shaker card:

On a 4 14 by 5 1/4" piece of White card stock, I again stamped the background with a dark blue ink.

I die cut an oval using layering oval dies, and using a stamp positioning tool. I stamped the background stamp onto the die cut after stamping off once.  This gave the sky a lighter look.'

Using dark blue card stock I die cut two sizes of ovals together to make the frame for the shaker.  I added some window sheet to the back of this frame and added double sided foam tape around the inside edge.

Any shaker elements can be used from sea salt to beads. but I had some silver and white sequins so I added them to the top of the stamped image, removed the tape cover from the foam tape and carefully added the two pieces together.  I then added the shaker frame to the card front.

A sentiment of choice can be added below the shaker.

Card #3 A Square Card



This card is perfect if you have some Christmas Pattern Paper to use up. The card base is a 5 by 5" dark Green layered with a coordinating pattern paper of a lighter green.  Two strips of a different pattern of the patterned paper were added along the left side and across the bottom.

Again, I stamped the background of the focal piece the same way as I did in card #2. The single Forest Tree was stamped using a matching dark green  ink. and I added glitter below the tree. In addition I added some white embellishments on the branches.  Rhinestones would work just as well. I matted the die cut oval with a matching dark green oval die using pop ups in between and added it to the card front overlapping the strips of pattern paper

Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Forest Tree, Snowflake Horizon

Inks: Night of Navy. Evening Evergreen. Basic White

Papers:  Night of Navy. Basic White, Pattern Paper of your choice

Accessories: Layering Oval dies, Liquid Applique. Stamp Positioner, glitter, shaker elements. window sheets. 

Check out their products on their website and order from their on line store here.  FREE SHIPPING. curbside pick up. or in store shopping









































No comments: