Sunday, June 13, 2021

Beauty of Friendship Thank You

 I have a large tree in my back yard which provides shade for my garden, houses squirrels and birds.  In some ways it is my friend.  So, when I saw the "Beauty of Friendship" bundle with its lovely DSP I was excited. I couldn't wait to make some cards!

Here is one of them:


Mossy Meadow goes wonderfully with the Beauty of the Earth DSP  so I selected this as the base colour.  Layered on this is a Basic White layer followed by that lovely DSP from which I selected the base colour.

I decided to use the Bark Embossing folder on a Basic White piece I used to offset the Art Piece. I love the texture created by this folder and is perfect for this card.



The Art Piece is the heart of the card.  On the  Basic White piece, I first stamped the tree structure using Early Espresso ink.  The canopy was stamped one on trop of the other, with two shades of green using 2 different canopy stamps.  The base (less detailed stamp) was stamped with Pear Pizzazz ink; the top stamp (detailed) was stamped in Old Olive ink. To ground the tree, the base was also stamped with Early Espresso.  I used the "splotch" stamp to randomly stamp Crumb Cake ink around the tree and then used the Crumb Cake ink to sponge the edges. 


Before adding the art piece to the card front, it was matted with Early Espresso Card stock, and some braided Mossy Meadow trim, tied into a bow, was added below the canopy.

On a separate piece of Basic White I sponged some Pacific Point and Crumb Cake in a small area and die cut the birds. A fine tipped black pen added some tiny eyes on each bird.

One bird was added at the base of the tree using a small dimensional.  The other was perched on the sentiment which I placed side ways along the art piece.

Supplies Used:

Stamp:  Beauty of Friendship

Inks:  Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Crumb Cake, Fine tipped black pen.

Papers:  Mossy Meadow, Basic White, Early Espresso, Beauty of the Earth DSP

Accessories: Mossy Meadow braided trim, Beautiful Trees dies, Dimensionals, glue dots, Bark Embossing folder

.  


No comments: