Saturday, March 21, 2020

Well Dressed Masculine card with Tutorial

I promised myself that during this COVID-19 pandemic, while I was self isolating, I make full use of the SAB stamp sets before the end of March, when SAB is over.


Last evening it was the stamp set "Well Dressed" that I used to make some Masculine birthday cards.
The 3 cards I made are pictured below:

The cards will be posted over the next 3 days.



The first card has a colour scheme of Night of Navy and Whisper White.  It was the first card I made and I was experimenting with the placement of the elements.


It has a Night of Navy card base, layered with Whisper White.  The DSP strip in the center is from the Country Club DSP.  The plaid pattern fits so perfectly with the tie. The picture doesn't show it very well, but the Whisper White layer is matted with Smokey Slate Card Stock and then added to the card base.

The stamparatus was used to stamp the images and I was happy I did as for some reason my Night of Navy was not stamping very well despite the fact I had reinked the ink pad.

The tie was die cut with the Nesting Label die and added to the card front with dimensionals.  I tried centering it on the card, but it just didn't look right, so it was off set to the left with the sentiment
centered to the right.

The hat, watch and shoe were fussy cut and placed as in the picture above- the hat and watch using dimensionals.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Well Dressed
Ink:  Night of Navy
Papers: Night of Navy, Whisper White, Country Club DSP, Smokey Slate
Accessories: Nesting Label dies, Ornate Frames, Dimensionals, Stamparatus


A free printable PDF tutorial is available here

No comments: