Tuesday, November 5, 2019

When you wish upon a Star

I must admit the "So Many Stars" stamp set with its coordinating dies intimidated me somewhat.  You would think that having been a demo for almost 12 years that nothing would intimidate me.  Well, you would be wrong.

After procrastinating, I finally took the plunge and worked with the wonderful product ---and I was actually enjoying myself.

Here's the card I finally came up with.  And, as usual, it is not a simple card.



It was difficult to take a good picture of this card because there was so much glitter going on the camera was dazzled.  The background on the actual card is much more colourful!

I made a galaxy background to show off this spectacular star - sponging Crushed Curry, Rich Razzelberry, Gorgeous Grape, and Night of Navy on a 5 by 7" piece of watercolour paper.


Above is a close up of one part of the star and the colourful background is much more evident.  The large star is comprised of 4 layers of thick Whisper White card stock adhered together to give is a 3D look.  Some smaller die cut stars were adhered in the middle.  Other die cuts adhered between the star points give the appearance of a second star behind the large one.



I used Champagne foil rather than silver foil, mainly because I ran out of the silver foil, but I quite like the cross between the silver and gold.  The sentiment, with its wonderful font, was embossed with gold embossing powder , the gold working very well with the Champagne foil elsewhere.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  So Many Stars
Inks:  Versa Mark, Background:  Crushed Curry, Rich Razzelberry, Gorgeous Grape, Midnight Blue, and Basic Black
Papers:  Blackberry Bliss base, Champagne Foil, Watercolour paper, Whisper White
Accessories:  Stitched Stars dies, Gold embossing powder



No comments: