Thursday, May 16, 2019

Lean on Me - Fab Friday #163

Lyrics
Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow
Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Please swallow your pride
If I have things you need to borrow
For no one can fill those of your needs
That you don't let show
Lean on me, when you're not strong
Lyrics
Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow
Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Please swallow your pride
If I have things you need to borrow
For no one can fill those of your needs
That you don't let show
Lean on me, when you're not strong
"Lean on me when you're not strong,
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on.
…..
Lean on me when you're not strong"

Lyrics by Bill Withers 2010

Can't you just hear Bill Withers singing this song?

This card was made for the sketch challenge with Fab Friday #163 for a special friend who has  been diagnosed with cancer and in the last month has had two surgeries.  Because she had always been the strong one in the family, the one everyone came to with their problems, it was extremely hard for her to lean on someone else.  

This card is for you my friend.





The base card is Coastal Cabana layered with Whisper White and then Tea Time DSP.

In the lower part is a framed window with scenery from "Golden Afternoon".  The frame is made by die cutting two sizes of stitched rectangle framelits and to complete the illusion of a window, a piece of window sheet is placed between the frame and the water coloured scene.

The two individuals, leaning on each other, are from "Artistically Aware". After water colouring them, they are fussy cut and placed in front of the window using dimensionals.

Behind the window is a strip of Bermuda Bay card stock flagged at one end.  On top of that is a strip of Melon Mambo card stock notched at the top.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Artistically Aware, Golden Afternoon
Inks:  Black Memento, Watercolour Pencils, Basic Gray
Papers:  Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, Tea Time DSP, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangle framelits, Window sheet, Blender Pen, Dimensionals,


"Please swallow your pride
If I have things you need to borrow
For no one can fill any of those needs
That you don't let show.

Lean on me when you're not strong"

3 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

A very sweet scene! I like the way you made the rectangle element like a window with the people looking out. Prayers for your friends health. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

So pretty - I love seeing sneak peeks combined with existing sets! Pretty color choices! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

Sweet sentiment with your image. Perfectly designed! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!