Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Christmas Village - Paper Players # 420

This week the challenge at the Paper Players, is an Theme One - Christmas.   Looking at the picture I was immediately reminded of the very first Christmas stamp I bought.  Little did I know the impact this one stamp would have on my life - and on my craft room!

So, I pulled out the aging Christmas Village stamp and made a card just for this challenge even though I have finished making all my Christmas cards.  


I was amazed how well this this old wood mounted stamp still stamped!  After stamping it on Whisper White the village was coloured with water color pencils using a blender pen to blend the colours.  Because its an older stamp I wanted to make the image look older so I covered with image with double sided packing tape and covered it with micro sugar beads.  I just love this effect.

The image piece was matted with Basic Black card stock and then a slightly larger piece of Glitter Glimmer paper.  This was adhered to a Basic Black card stock base to which I had added a retired silver metallic snowflake.

The sentiment is from "Versatile Christmas" and matted the same way as the image piece.  It is added to the lower card front using dimensionals on the lower half and tombo on the upper half.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Christmas Village, Versatile Christmas
Inks:  Black Memento, Watercolor pencils
Papers:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Glitter Glimmer paper
Accessories:  Double sided packing tape, micro sugar beads, Silver metallic snowflake, Dimensionals


1 comment:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Maria! I love the history behind your stamp. I also love the technique you used. Such a gorgeous result! Thank you for sharing at The Paper Players!