Saturday, September 15, 2018

Winter Woods with Bokeh Dots

The weather has ben unusually warm for this time of year.  The rain from Hurricane Florence, which is pummelling the Carolinas has not yet reached here.

It's hard to concentrate on Christmas cards when the humidex is in the 30's (C) but I have a craft show coming up as well as an Open House, so I must continue on.

This card is a different take on a Christmas card, as the colors are not traditionally used for this season.

I start with a  card base of Sweet Sugarplum card stock, and layer this with a Whisper White layer upon which a Bokeh dots background had been created.  To do this, 4 different colors of markers were applied to the stamp (Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody, Sweet Sugarplum, and Highland Heather), the stamp was "huffed" and then applied to the Whisper White card stock.  Versa Mark was applied and the background embossed with clear embossing powder.


Two trees were die cut using the "In the Woods" dies.  The smaller tree with the ruffled branches was added to the base tree using small dimensionals, but not before the branches were curled up.  Dazzling diamonds was added along the edges and branches and the tree added to the card front as shown in the picture.



I die cut the word "Merry" using the "Merry Christmas Framelits" using Sparkle glitter paper, and adhered it above the tree,  The word "wishes" is from 

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Brokeh dots,
Inks:  Black Memento, Markers (Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody, Sweet Sugarplum, Highland Heather) Versa Mark
Papers:  Sugarplum, Whisper White, Sparkle glimmer paper
Accessories:  Clear embossing powder, In the Woods framelits, dimensionals, Dazzling diamonds, Merry Christmas Thinlet dies.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now I see what you mean! Gorgeous!
(The card too!)

Nancy said...

WOW! I know we should not use all caps as it seems like shouting but I was shouting just a little. That tree is amazing as is the dimensions you got by combining the two trees. The Bokeh background is just perfect, and you have made a lovely card. I had talked myself out of the tree dies as I prefer to make religious cards but I think they have just gone back on my wish list. So beautiful. Thank you for the inspiration.