Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Stylish Christmas - The Paper Players #411

For the sketch challenge with The Paper Players here I pulled out the Stylish Christmas stamp set as I had not used it yet and thought it might look perfect with the sketch.


I decided to keep the circle shape for my main art piece, so I die cutting a circle using the circle framelit.  On the circle  I stamped the leaves for the flower twice at opposite ends using Mossy Meadow ink.  The flower was stamped with Merry Merlot ink on a separate piece of Whisper White and fussy cut before mounting it on this circle using dimensionals. I coloured the center of the flower with a Daffodil Delight marker, and the berries among the leaves with a Merry Merlot marker.


Because the color scheme of this card is copper, Merry Merlot and shite, I therefore copper embossed the edge of the circle to make it blend with the rest of the color scheme.

On the top of the card front I added some Joyous Noel DSP. On the lower section I created my own background using the large stylish stamped in various directions and  embossing it with copper embossing powder.




Between the two areas I added some 5/8" Merry Merlot reverse Copper ribbon, adding a bow at the left side of the circle.


The sentiment, also embossed with copper, is matted with copper foil and added to the lower card front with dimensionals.

The card front is added to some Copper Foil, which is added to a Merry Merlot card base.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Stylish Christmas
Ink:  Versa Mark, Merry Merlot, Mossy Meadow, SU Markers (Daffodil Delight, Merry Merlot)
Papers:  Merry Merlot, Copper Foil, Shimmer White card stock, Joyous Noel DSP
Accessories:  Copper embossing powder, 5/8" Merry Merlot & Copper reverse ribbon, Circle Framelits, dimensionals

2 comments:

laurie said...

So beautiful! I love your poinsettia. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Patrice Espy said...

Very pretty Maria, I like that stamp set too.