Sunday, September 2, 2018

Something for Baby - SUO Challenges #206

The challenge with SUO here Babies & Kids came at a perfect time.  I'm doing a craft show the end of October, and was in need of an item for a baby shower.

So, for this challenge I decorated a white gift bag I purchased for a baby shower - a girl.

It was not a project I put together in a few hours.  It took longer than I anticipated, but I am a bit of a perfectionist.
I started by placing a 2" strip of Petal Pink card stock down the center.  At the top I folded over a flap, rounded the corners, and placed a Nordic Designer button (retired) on it and on the band below looking as if  this was keeping the bag closed.  I also folded the Petal Pink strip over at the bottom.
Before adhering the Petal Pink strip to the bag front,  I added a strip of Sparkle glimmer paper die cut to each side using the Delicate Lace Framelits,

Below the lower button I added a 2 by 6" piece of Twinkle, Twinkle DSP, the bottom end of which was die cut using the Triple punch.

On a separate piece of Whisper White card stock, and using the Stamparatus, the Baby Bear was triple stamped , using Crumb Cake (stamped off), Crumb Cake, and Early Espresso inks.  This image was die cut using a circle framelit  Before removing the die cut image from the circle framelit, I stippled around the periphery of the image using Crumb Cake ink. It was added to the front of the bag using dimensionals.
To finish the bear I tied a left over piece of ruffled powder pink ribbon with pink Baker's Twine and adhered this to the bear's neck.



The baby shoes were made using a template you can find here.  They were made using Twinkle, Twinkle DSP with the image of the baby deer from "A Good Day" stamped and colored with blends on the front of each she. They are held closed with the new metallic brads, and on t"he opposite side I added a pink "Blossom Element".  I used the white tea room ribbon around the bottom of each shoe, and then tied a piece into a bow and adhered this to the shoe front above the stamped image.  Using a 1/8" hand held punch I punched a hole in the inside part of each shoe and used thick white Baker's twine to tie the shoes to the bag handle.



On the other handle I designed a gift card.



Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Baby Bear, A Good Day
Inks:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Night of Navy (deer on shoes), Petal Pink blend
Papers:  Whisper White, Twinkle, Twinkle DSP, Glimmer paper, Petal Pink card stock
Accessories:  1/8" Team Room Ribbon (white), Ruffled powder Pink ribbon (scrap piece)  Pink/white Baker's twine, Nordic designer buttons (retired), thick white Baker's twine, 1/8" hand held punch, Triple punch, Circle framelit, Delicate Lace Framelits, Stamparatus, purchased white gift bag.



2 comments:

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Oh my Maria! The shoes! What a beautifully delightful and charming baby card. I love it. Very creative. Thank you so much for participating in our Babies & Kids Challenge at Stampin' Up! Only Challenges (SUOC). We have a new challenge up today of Celebrations and hope to see your lovely project!

Julia said...

Wow, this is amazing and so much work with beautiful results! So glad you joined in the fun with us at SUO Challenges with your gorgeous project. It's just perfect for our Babies and Kids challenge!!