Sunday, June 24, 2018

Rooted in Nature Christmas

I can't quite believe this, but despite the fact that it's not quite July and barely summer, I made my first Christmas card today.

I've been 'playing' with the Rooted in Nature" stamp set and it's perfect for the Christmas season as well.

I

The base is Real Red card stock, layered with Whisper White and then Under the Mistletoe DSP

An aperture was die cut using the Stitched Circle framelit in the upper center between the DSP and the Whisper White layer. Using this circle as a template , I drew a circle onto the Real Red card front (the art piece would be adhered to this later).  Some Window Sheet was adhered to the wrong side and foam and tape adhesive applied around the circle - as well as along the edges and areas between the circle and edges of the card layer.

On a separate piece of Whisper White I stamped 2 of the double pine trees and one of the single, using Mossy Meadow ink.  These were die cut and set aside.

I die cut a larger stitched circle using the new Sparkle glimmer paper and adhered it to the front of the Real Red card base using the pencil marked circle as a guide.  Two of the trees were adhered with tombo glue directly onto this circle (towards the top), and the 3rd smaller one with dimensionals in front of the other two.  While these were drying, I stamped 5 of the wreath-like branch images with Mossy Meadow and die cut them.

For the shaker element I used coarse sea salt which you can buy in any food store.  After removing the covering of the tape, the two layers were adhered together to form the shaker card.


Around the circle on the card front, I adhered  the wreath branches and then added  the new red rhinestones between the branches.

The sentiment is from Nature Sings

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Rooted in Nature, Nature Sings
Inks:  Mossy Meadow
Papers:  Real Red, Whisper White, Under the Mistletoe DSP, Sparkle Glimmer Paper
Accessories:  Window Sheets, Rooted in Nature Dies/framelits, rhinestones (red), Stitched circle framelits, Coase sea salt, Foam tape

1 comment:

Jane said...

Cute as a button.