Monday, June 11, 2018

Beautiful You Birthday Fab Friday #139

Some weeks are good; some not so good.

Last week was one of those weeks where I was in too much pain, and too tired to even think about going to the craft room.  It was enough just getting off the couch.

I was waiting for a doctor to phone me with test results and a diagnosis, but he failed to call.  This was the third call he missed.  I was so disappointed, angry, upset etc I felt like a deflated balloon.  Up until now I had put on a strong face and kept to my usual routine, but after the 3rd missed call I just could not do it anymore!

Today I made a concerted effort to create something, Perhaps not my best work, but its a start.

I made this card for the sketch challenge with Fab Friday here



The base card of Tranquil Tide card stock layered with embossed Whisper White cardstock forms the basis of this card.

The focal image is placed in the right side.  It's wonderful when one can use die cuts from other projects.  And that's exactly what I did.  The image was stamped on a left over Whisper White lots of labels die cut.  Raindrops (from the stamp set Weather Together) were stamped with Pool Party around he image, and the image colored with watercolor pencils and a blender pen.

This die cut was adhered to another left over Tranquil Tide Oval with dimensionals.

The sentient was stamped on Vellum with a strip of 'tranquil Tide punch with the ticket punch adhered  at the bottom edge. This was placed on the lower part of the focal image.

For added interest I added some gold foil thread inserted in the left side.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Beautiful You, Weather Together
Inks:  Black Memento, Watercolor Pencils, Pool Party
Papers:  Tranquil Tide, Whisper White, Vellum
Accessories:  Lots of Labels Framelits, Oval Framelits, Gold Thread, Blender Pen, Dimensionals, Ticket Edge punch, Scattered Sequins Embossing Folder

3 comments:

Heather said...

Fun colors - love the dots on the umbrella, and sentiment on vellum, perfect over your lovely image. Best of luck with the doctor... Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

Very pretty! The embossed background is perfect behind your focal image. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Amanda Mertz said...

I hope you're feeling better and that doing some creating brightens your day a bit. This is a lovely card! The coloring is beautiful....I can never get the pencils to look like that lol! The polka dots on the umbrella are a fun touch. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!