Saturday, May 12, 2018

Watercolor Rooted in Nature - a partial case

Now that my pre-order has finally arrived, I have some time to sit and play with probably my most favourite stamp set in the entire order, - "Rooted in Nature".

I did a partial case of a card I saw in Pinterest made by Cindy Elam

I borrowed the rocks and the sun from the Waterfront stamp set, both of which I stamped on Watercolor paper.
The tree was inked with Mossy Meadow ink and spritzed lightly prior to stamping.  The second tree was stamped without re-inking. To add some dimension to parts of the tree I used a Mossy Meadow marker especially on the lower branches.
An aqua painter was used to blend the water and the rocks.
Prior to added it to the card front with dimensionals I wrapped a piece of Baker's twine around the bottom and tied it in a knot.

This focal point was trimmed to  2 3/4 by 5 1/2" and added to a a 4 1/4 by 2" strip of watercolor paper embossed with two sizes of leaves.
 
Both pieces were adhered to a Soft Suede card base.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Rooted in Nature, Waterfront
Inks:  Soft Suede, Mossy Meadow, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Mossy Meadow marker
Papers:  Watercolor, Soft Suede
Accessories:  Aqua painter, Baker Twine, Dimensionals, Nature's Roots Framelits dies

No comments: