Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Just Add Color DSP - Seas the Day and More

If you notice anything different about this card make a comment please.

I have been so upset since I heard the news about the van ploughing into pedestrians on a sidewalk in Toronto yesterday.  I was there a short time before it happened.  I was at the hospital a short time before 10 casualties arrived fighting for their lives!!

On what seemed a calm, beautiful Spring day, oblivious to the carnage about to happen, I was wandering along a path bordered by blooming crocuses.  When I heard what happened, my world turned upside down!

When I put this card together I guess my world was still facing that way.


I have always loved to color and this DSP was a bit of heaven for me.  The Just Add Color DSP (which I obtained FREE as a Sale-a-bration item) contains duplicate  12 by 12 pages of uncolored images whichcan be colored with markers, watercolor pencils, Brusho Crystals or Blendabilities.  I colored with the Blendabilities which are unavailable for ordering now but can be ordered again when the new catalogue goes live in June.

This image is from a 12 by 12 page containing underwater images.  

I have previously made a shaker card using the image of the sea turtle - see post here
There are many more images yet to color.






As I mentioned, the image and surrounding "seaweed" were colored with Blendabilites.  The main image was then die cut using the Oval Framelit and matted  with a larger Basic Gray Oval.  The two were adhered together slightly off center.

This unit was added to a Whisper White layer embossed with the Seaside embossing folder with dimensionals.  At the bottom of the embossed layer I added a strip of the sea weed with tiny orange fish swimming in it.

In the water around the image I added some clear rain drop embellishments ; Clear Wink of Stella was applied to the sea creature.

This is when I noticed ............can you see it?

Rather than take the card apart I decided to leave it.  After all that was the way the world was feeling to me.

The sentiment is from "So Many Shells"

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  So Many Shells
Inks:  Black Memento, Blendabilities
Papers:  Basic Gray, Whisper White, Just Add Color DSP
Accessories:  Seaside Embossing Folder, Clear Wink of Stella, Dimensionals, Oval Framelits, Clear Raindrop acrylic embellishments

One of the other 12 by 12 pages is filled with houses waiting to color.  Below is a card I made using Eclipse technique (See post here)



1 comment:

Patrice Espy said...

Oh Maria, I was so sorry to have heard about the incident in Toronto on news. I am greatful you were not injured. You as well as all of the families involved are in my thoughts and prayers.
If there is anything I can do II a here for you for you. You are loved my friend.