Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Hearts Come Home Pizza Box Christmas Ornament - a case

When I saw this on Pinterest I thought "What a neat idea".  This ornament, was made by Monica Gale here using a Mini Pizza Box.

Although I used a lot of her ideas I did change up a few things.


I started  by sponging the open pizza box lid in Pool Party, and then die cut an aperture in it using the scallop square of the Layering Square framelits.

The die cut images were built on the scallop cut out.

After the houses were die cut, I coloured them with the new blendabilities and applied dazzling diamonds to the roofs and bases of the houses. To make the houses look like the lights were on, I placed some gold foil behind each house.

The house at the end was cut off from the strip and added in the middle and above the other houses. All were added using dimensionals.

The art piece was then added to the inside of the box using dimensionals, and the box was closed.


Above is a close up of the art piece after I adhered it to the inside of the box.

To fill in the space at the front of the box I added some embossing paste and added dazzling diamonds on top of that.

To finish off the ornament, I wrapped the box with  1/2" Powder Pink ribbon and tied it in a bow at  the top.  I added a green pine sprig and a mini ornament tied with silver trim.  I also added some embossing paste to the pine branch.

Supplies Used:
Inks:  Stampin' Blendabilites, Pool Party
Papers:  Thick Whisper White, gold foil.
Accessories:  Mini Pizza Box, Layering Square Framelits, Hearts Come Home Edgelit dies, Green Pine sprig, mini ornament, silver trim, embossing paste, dazzling diamonds, dimensionals, 1/2" Powder Pink ribbon




No comments: