Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Gingerbread Man Best Christmas Wishes - Try Stampi'n Or Not on Tuesday #342

This week's sketch by Kaylin for Try Stampin or Not on Tuesday has an optional theme of  mixing patterns.

I haven't used the Gingerman Die yet this season, although it's been sitting on my desk just waiting to be used. Today its patience paid off.

When I die cut one a Ginger Bread man  for this card, I die cut many more so I could make Christmas tags.  Ginger men are very popular in my craft shows.

I die cut the Ginger Bread man usingCrumb Cake card stock, sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink, make the white markings with a White Ornament Ball marker and added a Real Red heart and a Gold Glimmer bow tie.
To make the eyes appear black I adhered a piece of Basic Black card stock behind the head.

The Ginger Bread man was adhered to a piece of Very Vanilla card stock using dimensionals.

The basic card is Crumb Cake, layered with Very Vanilla.  I use 2 different patterns from a retired Christmas DSP, added some strips of Red Glimmer paper and a Real Red notched banner.

The sentiment is from "Oh What Fun"


Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Oh What Fun
Ink:  Soft Suede, White Ornament Marking Pen
Papers:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Real Red, Christmas DSP (retired), Red Glimmer paper, Gold Glimmer Paper, Basic Black card stock
Accessories:  Sizzix Ginger Bread Man die, Red Enamel Pears (non SU), dimensionals.

No comments: