Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Hearts Come Home - A U Fold Card

If you can go by the number of U-Fold Box cards  posted on Pinterest, this is a very popular card fold.  I have made a card using this fold before, so I referred back  the tutorial I used then, one done by Ink Responsibly here.
I did make some modifications for the card I made using the "Hearts Come Home" with its coordinating Edgelits "Hometown Greetings Edgelits" as I wanted it to fit into an A2 card.

The Night of Navy card base was scored so that it looked like a U box.  The tutorial  I accessed explains this very well.
I did stray away from the tutorial to design the middle of the card.  Like a box card, which uses inserts, I used inserts to layer the various die cut panels. Below you can see the inserts.


Before adding the inserts in the middle I stamped the moon and the stars with Whisper White ink.

For the first layer, the house edgelets were used; below that the Church layer.

The final layer was die cut into the band that extends across the bottom of the entire card, scoring this band to match the scoring of the card base.

The sentiment was stamped with Night of Navy ink on Whisper White card stock, matted with Night of  Navy card stock and adhered to the front panel.

After the card was finished I decided to add Dazzling Diamonds to the various levels.  Perhaps if I make this card again I will use Dazzling Diamond glimmer paper to construct this card.

The card folds to fit into a standard A2 envelope.



Supplies Used:
Stamp: Hearts Come Home
Inks:  Whisper White, Night of Navy
Papers:  Night of Navy, Thick Whisper White,
Accessories:  Hometown Greetings Edgelits, Dazzling Diamonds




No comments: