Thursday, July 13, 2017

Daisy against a Brick Wall - a case

I haven't posted for a couple of days as I have been getting ready for a craft show on the weekend.  As well I have had a number of out of town appointments. No excuses, just facts, facts which have kept me away from the craft table.

Tonight I finished packing, so I finally made a card - a card similar to one I saw on Pinterest, made by Jackie Bultje.  I had some stamped and punched Daisies left over from another project so this was a perfect opportunity to use them.

What I found really neat about this card was the background, so I unabashedly cased that.  The rest of the card is mine.

Here's how the background was done.

After embossing some Crumb Cake card stock with the Brick embossing folder I  stamped it with the Watercolor Wash background stamp and Cherry Cobbler ink.  I just love the effect, making the brick look distressed

Two left over  Daisies were previously stamped with Wisteria Wonder, and punched with the Daisy punch.  Now they were cut in half, and  reassembled to form what looks like half a Daisy. Each petal was gently curled under using a bone folder.

The center of each Daisy was stamped with Crumb Cake ink followed by Soft Suede.  After punching with a  1/2" circle punch they were added to the centers of each Daisy with a dimensional. A dimensional was also used to attach the flowers to the card front.

The stem was hand cut as were the leaves. These Old Olive structures were sponged with Old Olive ink.  The centers of the leaves were scored with a stylus, folded and unfolded and finally sponged.

I added some Burlap ribbon near the bottom and attached the sentiment punched with the Pretty Label punch straddling this ribbon.

No card is complete without glitter.  So gold faceted gems were added to the flower centers, along the upper right edge and on the sentiment punchie.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Daisy Delight, ,Watercolor Wash background, Special Celebration
Inks:  Black Memento, Wisteria Wonder, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Papers:  Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Old Olive
Accessories:  Brick Embossing folder, Daisy Punch, Pretty Label punch, 1/2" circle punch, 5/8" Burlap ribbon, Gold faceted gems, dimensionals.

No comments: