Thursday, March 9, 2017

Reverse Words - Fab Friday #107

A number of my students have requested information on how to use the new SAB "Reverse Words" stamp set.
I used the opportunity, for the sketch challenge with Fab Friday to use this stamp set.



I did make a card with a doillie under the sentiment band, but changed my mind and made a rosette    using a 18" one inch strip of Delightful Dijon DSP instead.

Because of that, the long rectangular sentiment piece did not look right. So, after stamping the sentiment,  I elected to die cut it with the layering oval framelits and mat it with a scalloped oval Delightful Dijon piece of card stock.  This I adhered to the top of the rosette. I think, shape wise, it looks better.

How did I colour the sentiment?  I tried using finger daubers to apply the 3 different ink colors:  Delightful Dijon, Bermuda Bay, and Calypso Coral, but could not get the effect I wanted, so I used markers instead.

Some silver metallic enamel shapes provided the bling I always seem to need.

Supplies Used:
Stamp: Reverse Words
Inks: SU Markers: Calypso Coral, Bermuda Bay, Delightful Dijon
Papers: Delightful Dijon, Very Vanilla, Mosaic DSP, Delightful Dijon DSP
Accessories: Layering Oval Framelits, Scoring Tool, 1" circle punch, Metallic enamel embellishments, hot glue gun.

Here is the original card I made using a doily instead of a rosette.




No comments: