Saturday, March 4, 2017

It's Almost Spring!!! Stampin Royalty #364

Yes, and the colour challenge with the Canadian Die Exchange Group certainly reflected that. I am also submitting this creation to the challenge with Stampin' Royalty, where the challenge is "your favorite technique".  And anyone who knows me knows that I like making flowers = paper flowers.



Image may contain: flower

I've been in a flower making mood for some time now, so surprise, surprise, I made a flower for this challenge. My beloved clematis vine was moved during construction last summer and was replanted.  I do not know if it survived.
Because one of the clematis vines had a purple flower (I had another with pale mauve flowers) when I saw the colour scheme my mind immediately went these vines

I started by using the new sponge brayers to apply Soft Sky, Pool Party and Mint Macaron to a piece of "Inside the Lines" DSP and matted it with Mint Macaron, Garden Green and finally adhered it to a Perfect Plum card base.

The petals of the flower were die cut in Wisteria Wonder and sponged with Elegant Eggplant.  A marker of that colour was also used to apply a darker colour in the center and edge.  In addition, bleach was used to lighten the edges. Spritzing lightly with water allowed the colours to blend.
After the petals were dry, they were shaped and adhered to a green base with a hot glue gun.  The die cut stamens were snipped some more to make them really frilly and then they were coloured and spritzed as well.  After rolling them they were adhered to the flower center, fluffing them out when the glue was firmly set.

The edges of the leaves were sponged with Old Olive and then a stylus was used to make the veins of each leaf.  After shaping, each leaf was attached to the back of the flower or along the stem.

The bud was made by curling 3 petals very tightly and then wrapping a leaf around them. An extra petal  can be seen at the bottom of the card.  I love my vine flowers, but they sure make a mess when the flowers start to fall apart.

Before attaching the flower to the card base, I added a 1" strip of Perfect Plum with a Soft Sky satin ribbon wrapped around it. 

Some jewel embellishments completed the card.

Supplies Used:
Stamp: Good Greetings
Inks: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Markers - Elegant Eggplant, Soft Sky, Pool Party, Mint Macaron
Papers: Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzaz, Old Olive, Garden Green, Mint Macaron, Inside the Lines DSP
Accessories Sponge brayer, Sizzix clematis dies, hot glue gun, stylus and other flower forming tools, Dazzling details, jewel embellishments, linen thread, 1/2" satin Soft Sky ribbon.



No comments: