Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Celebrate - Try Stampin' on Tuesday #312

 It's time for another challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.  This week the sketch is by Vicki with an optional theme of angles.

As you can see by made card the angle is actually going the other way.  I guess I'm angle challenged.

The art piece was created by sponging three different colours on a floral piece of the Sale-a-bration "Inside the Lines DSP" covering the entire surface, after which is was embossed with clear embossing powder.

So, how did I make the angle?

On the bottom right I measured 1" from the end and drew a line from that point to the upper right.  On the top left, I measured 1" from the top left and drew a line from that point to the lower left.
Using a cutter, I cut the background along these lines, creating the angled look.  But because I drew the lines on the back of my art piece, the angle is going in the opposite direction.

The art piece is matted with Basic Black, then added to a Bermuda Bay card base.

Across the middle is a 2" Whisper White sentiment piece, again matted with Bermuda Bay, and Basic Black cardstock.

Supplies Used:
Stamp: Celebration
Inks: Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Pear Pizzaz, Versa Mark
Papers: Whisper White, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Inside the Lines DSP
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, embossing buddy

Now it's your turn to create something using Vicki's sketch.  As usual you have 2 weeks in which to make something.  Once finished, don't forget to download it to either the Try Stampin' on Tuesday blog or the Facebook page.
At the end of two weeks, 3 cards will be selected as the favourites of the week.  Who knows, maybe your card will be one of them.
I look forward to seeing your creations.


No comments: