Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Thanksgiving Craft Show in Buckhorn - what a success!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, especially my Canadian friends.  I hope you all had a wonderful turkey dinner, and hopefully not too much pumpkin pie, butter tarts, etc (that I saw flying off one of the vendor's tables).

Aren't the fall colours beautiful this year?  I deliberately drove the back roads to Buckhorn, a cottage community about 45 minutes from my home here in Peterborough, Ontario. I was on my way there for a 3 day craft show. And the colours - reds, oranges, yellows, so brilliant it took my breath away.  I wanted to stop and take some pictures, but because the road was full of curves it was not safe to stop.  I drove through some quaint little communities nestled in coves, and drove over a long causeway over a lake and a bridge over a river.  The colours here were reflected in the still water.  Honestly, I had a hard time keeping my eyes on the road!

A lot of people must have been driving looking at this wonderful display of nature, because attendance at this show was awesome! The weather had suddenly changed from air conditioning weather on Friday (when I set up) to furnace weather on Saturday, with frost on Sunday, and that helped to boost the attendance rate.

Now, about the craft show!

It was such a successful weekend I am still shaking my head in disbelief!  My sales were phenomenal!  Never have I sold so many cards, bookmarks, journals, Christmas tags, decorated post it notes, decorated legal pads, stepper boxes, etc.  I must say the most popular cards were the pop and twist cards that I had just learned how to make.  They just flew off the table!  Just opening the card was enough to sell it!

There was a lot of interest in my classes and in my Nov. 19 event (more about that later), and about Stampin' Up itself.  Catalogues were handed out to all who were interested. And everyone loved my business cards, of which I am also out of!





On the first day I was almost over whelmed by the crowd, and like I mentioned earlier, sales were brisk.  I was selling, talking etc from opening at 10 a.m. to closing at 5 p.m. with no breaks because I was alone.

Sunday was my busiest day ever, but a friend came after lunch to give me a break.

Monday was slow, but I had brought work with me - cards I was making for swaps for Stage One in Ottawa on Nov. 5.  People love to see you actually creating the products being sold on the table.




I came home Sunday night absolutely exhausted, but exhilarated!


For the next 2 weeks I will be busy restocking, making products for the next 3 day craft show, Oct. 28, 29, and 30.


I enjoy doing craft shows, but there are a couple of things that I don't like - setting up and taking down.  Setting up takes about 2 or more hours; taking down goes a little faster but still takes about an hour.  Nevertheless they are well worth it.


A wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.  Thanks to all my friends and customers who stopped by to say hello.



No comments: