Wednesday, August 3, 2016

My Downline's Class Project

My Downline, Gail, teaches classes to clients in retirement homes referred to here in Peterborough as "The Gardens".  She has been doing this for about 7 years, and some of the projects she does with the older folks is absolutely amazing!
Yesterday she stopped by twice to show me the project she was planning to make with them.  These cute little candy dishes were filled with , of course, candy (but in one only and you will note that it is empty), and little candles wrapped in DSP. I admit, I was a bit skeptical, but she went ahead and did it and of course had to report back how successful the class was!

Stamping was done on the sides and the bottom, and tied ribbon kept the dish closed.
Gail mentioned to the class my misgivings and that motivated them to "show me".  When she returned after class she was absolutely ecstatic because they had done so well.

My response to her was that because she had an expectation of them being able to do this task, they were able to perform it.

Moments like this make your day!!!  Thank you Gail for sharing.

No comments: