Sunday, July 10, 2016

Helping me Grow- SUO Challenges #152 Delight in Nature

I am a lover of nature - all aspects of it, so it was hard to narrow down what I wanted to make a card of.  I finally narrowed it down to flowers.  I have a large perennial garden and know the names and growing habits of all of them.  The picture below shows just one of the gardens.

For this challenge I used the stamp set "Helping me Grow", but I only used part of each flower, the rest of the flowers were masked out.
They were stamped in the oval non embossed area of a piece of Whisper White embossed with the Sparkles embossing folder.

  • three images were stamped - the third faintly to make it look like it was behind the other two.
  • colouring was done using a blender pen and ink pads
  • using the end of a blender pen small colourful dots were placed around the images.
  • butterflies are always associated with flowers, so one was punched using the small butterfly punch.
  • at the base of the flowers a 1/8" melon mambo ribbon(retired) was tied into a bow and adhered with a glue dot.
Main card is Rose Red, layered with Whisper White and then Rose Red DSP.

Supplies Used: 
Stamp: Helping me Grow
Inks:Black Memento, Rose Red, Melon Mambo, Perfect Plum, Rich Razzelberry, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Sprinkles embossing folder, 1/8" melon mambo ribbon (retired), small butterfly punch, Wink of Stella clear glimmer brush, pearls.

No comments: